Sunday, January 27, 2013

Satsumas

   No pictures today, my broadband is not acting right when it comes to uploading images. I haven't even been able to post my new jewelry line.
  But I had to share some advice about what to do with excess citrus. Yesterday I started gathering satsumas to make into marmalade; only to find that I had run out of jar lids. So I went ahead and cut up and deseeded the satsumas and lemons and put them into a freezer bag which I then labeled and popped in the freezer for later.
  I'm still working on the recipe, but I will post it as soon as I perfect it. Mom's got debs on some for fruit cake, it's way better than candied citrus. And no preservatives!   


+++ 2017+++ I didn't add enough sugar, the preserves were terrible. And the tree died so I will not be able to post a recipe.+++

No comments:

Post a Comment