Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jury Duty and an egg update

That's right people, I had jury duty today. I can't believe it; I only reached voting age a couple of years ago. Thankfully I was dismissed early.

 I should have, and was planning on, writing a blog post for today on the weekend, but I spent my weekend helping build a chicken coop and run for Mohawk, which has not been finished yet. Amy's eggs are due this Wednesday or Thursday and Mohawk is getting rather restless. She seems to have  gotten more protective of her children and has started laying eggs again. There have been quite a few misunderstandings as we've reached in to get the eggs, and by misunderstandings I mean attacks. She's been laying almost every day now. We have two of the 10' by 6' chain link panels made for the run.

~~Just got back from the chicken house. I walked into the house to pick eggs and found Amy on the floor under the nest boxes with a chick that appears to have hatched early last night. Two days early! There was a chick in the abandoned nest, dead. Apparently it had caught a draft. The rest of the eggs might have caught one, too. We're sick with ourselves here. Today was the day we were going to move Amy to a cage and hope she was too far into the brood to freak out and almost crush all the eggs, like the first time we tried to move her. We've moved her, her baby (who looks just like Little Bit), and the rest of the eggs into the cage and are hoping for the best.  


                    Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment