Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Abraham: The good, the bad, the rooster

This is our Ameraucana rooster, Abraham. We usually call him Abe. As you can see he's a very good looking rooster. We got him from my uncle's daughter. She had him and Silkie rooster and they weren't getting along. Since a hawk had just killed our buff rooster she offered to give us Abe. I wish I'd have taken a picture of him when we first got him; you almost wouldn't believe he was the same rooster. He was a lanky teenager, and smaller than the hens. Now he's a sassy bruiser, taller and wider than the lot of them.
 But calling him sassy is being kind. He's a jerk. Every time we go out to check the chickens he sidles up to at a lest one of us giving that person the evil eye. Three times actually flew up at one of us (usually me) trying to get that person with his spurs. When he does that I grab him and dunk him in the rain barrel. Unfortunately, thanks to this drought the level in the barrel is too low to do this any more. I guess we'll just have to use the hose on him. Which is what we do when sidles up and pecks us. Just the other day he pecked Mom's hand while she was putting ice in their waterer, so we soaked him with the hose. Even wet he's still large. The bum. Every time we leave the hen house he crows, even when soaked to the skin. As if to say, "And don't came back." I'd like to think he'd treat any intruders the same way.


~Sorry I forgot to worn everyone, but this is Thursday's post.

   Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!      

No comments:

Post a Comment