Thursday, June 13, 2013

Aquarius Wave Earrings

  They are made out of polymer clay that I shape by hand to look like a wave. Once I have nine I combine them into a row of three, then add the rows together.
   Most of the time the wave symbol  for Aquarius is two rows, but I thought three rows of three waves would be more lucky and look better too. It was hard to make out what the earrings were at first, so I panted the crest light blue. When I was digging through the paints I found a container of glitter and thought, 'Sparkly waves, cool.' Belatedly I thought it might look like sunlight sparkling on the water. I use another piece of clay to secure the surgical steel earring stud and they're ready to bake.  What's great is that, because I bake them after I paint and add glitter it becomes part of the clay. They are 7/8" wide and 3/4" tall and come with a snug fitting surgical steel earring back. Because they are hand shaped there may be slight variations between earrings.
 (The plant it's siting on is a Cotton Lavender, Santolina Chameacyparissus, that I'm growing in a pot in front of the green house.)  
Buy your own here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/153935588/aquarius-wave-earrings


Bats Bizarre's Father's Day sale ends this Sunday. Be sure to use the code FATHERSDAY to save 5% on any Bats Bizarre purchase before then. Discount does not include shipping.

        Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment