Thursday, August 1, 2013

Spider Earrings

These cute hand sculpted polymer clay spiders are 7/8" from longest leg tip to longest leg and 5/8" long from the top of the abdomen to the bottom of the head. The entire earring measures 1 1/2" from the top of the ear wire to the bottom of the head.  Each spider is signed with a small 'J' on the back.
*Because they are handmade there may be slight differences between spiders.
They are water proof, but please don't wear them in pool or while bathing. Not good for sleeping in.  Here is the listing:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/122983739/spider-earrings
  I haven't been able to find spider pendants I liked at my usual supply stores, but I figured it's just a oval with a circle and eight legs, I could probably make it out of polymer Clay. The hardest part is getting the legs to look right. It takes me about an hour to make one pair of earrings not counting baking time.  
  I'm currently working on making webs out of the clay. It's going better than I thought it would, but that's mostly because I didn't think I could make spider webs out of clay. (I was never very good at drawing webs as a kid.) My mom suggested I make a cotton spider earring. Most of the ones around here are black with white spots and have the same physic (fat butt) as my earrings. I should be able to add them to the listing soon.  

  I was originally just going to show these earrings in black and brown, but I love green and I've been wanting to see what this metallic green clay I have looks like when baked so I ended up making my own 'custom color'.  

           

Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment