Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bearded Iris

Five years ago I bought some 'Black Bearded Iris'. They have not bloomed once. They looked healthy and multiplied like crazy, but no blooms. Every year my hopes would rise; 'Surely, this will be the year.' I'd think. One would produce a long fat leaf. 'Yes this is it, it's going to flower!' I exclaim.

  And finally, after a few days that-felt-like-weeks it would open- into several sword-like leaves.  I never lost hope, but I did begin to get the feeling the bulbs were mocking me.

  Well, no longer. One of them bloomed today. There are even two little buds with tiny black petals sticking out along the flower stem. Some of the other bulbs look like they are going to flower as well.
   
  

                                   I still don't know why they didn't flower for all that time...



                Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment