Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hello Spring

It might be taking forever, but slowly we're getting the garden together. Despite the fact that almost none of the seeds are coming up. Probably because the cats keep walking on them. Every day we see cat foot prints directly were the seeds are; like the rows are really sidewalks for cats.
Yesterday Mom and I went to Lowe's, she finally broke done and bought some tomato, eggplant, and pepper plants.
  I planted foxglove seeds twice this year in February, well, three times if you count sowing directly into the garden and sewing seeds in planters separately. Nothing came up.
   When I saw a bunch of gigantic Foxgloves at Lowe's in the 50% off shelves I thought "How could I not buy at least one?"  They had them shoved into these shelves that weren't half as tall as the flower stalks and so when I picked the healthiest looking one that hadn't bloomed yet it was bent at pretty much a ninety degree angle. "'You'll have to stake it." Mom said. I nodded, I've heard of people having to stake foxgloves. I drenched the foxglove when we got home. Within an hour the top of it was almost pointing up. Today it looks like this.  Weird, huh?  No stake needed.

Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment