Friday, March 29, 2013

Roxi Rabbit

My Roxi Rabbit doll is named for a pet rabbit I had years ago. She was an 'opal' mini rex and liked to chase the cats around the house. She would kick up her heels as she turned the corner.  I wish I had some pictures to show you, but she got sick very soon after we brought her home.

 
  It takes me about 9 hours to make one doll; which means I'm basically running a one woman sweat shop, but I really don't see people paying that much for a doll... cute as it may be.
   Most of the time is spent sewing, stuffing, and embroidering the bunny's face. It probably wouldn't take as long if I didn't obsess over the amount of stuffing and the placement of the eyes and nose; but, let's face it, that's not going to happen.

  I don't really know how or why, but every rabbit I make is slightly different. Not just in the way I embroider the face or the way I stuff it, I somehow end up knitting it a little differently each time.
The one in the middle is the first one I made, the prototype rabbit, aka my rabbit.
I sign each one with a green 'J'. Mom says I should number them, I might start doing that.



For some reason I can't make a pom-pom that won't fall apart when pull on it. I have to take a needle and white thread and sew through it repeatedly all the way around, before I sew it on.


 Buy one at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/118366145/roxi-rabbit   

   
   Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment