Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Seedlings

A few weeks ago I sowed some Feverfew, Pennyroyal, and Hyssop seeds I got from 'Nichols Garden Nursery' in pots of soil from the vegetable garden. What has come up so far? Some weeds and 5 onions. I guess I shouldn't have gotten soil from so close to the green onions. Which isn't so bad, because we can always use more onions.

After these less than spectacular results, I've decided to try going back to the old school science experiment where you put two beans in wet paper towels placing one in a dark location and the other in sunny spot to see which one does better (long story short, the one in the dark did better) by putting catnip seeds in a wet paper towel in an old pill bottle and leaving it in a dark spot in my closet. Checking every other day it to make sure it's still moist. It looks like two of the seeds on top are germinating, or they are growing some weird looking lines of white mold.

By the way it's wasp season over here. Mom has stopped six nests from being built in the green house and the pump house already.

      Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment