Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Foxglove, an update


   I ended up having to stake my fox glove. We had a horrible storm a few weeks ago, some places got hail, I'm not sure if we did or not but those rain drops sure sounded loud. I didn't even think to pull the Foxglove under the eves. The poor thing didn't stand a chance. The next day it was bent double with the top of the flower stalk trying valiantly to grow upwards. I moved it to a bigger pot (which was good because the thing was root bond) and as I was doing that I noticed a little Foxglove growing on the side of it that is growing another flower stalk. I didn't have the nerve to try to separate them.

  I also didn't have a long enough stick and now it's growing in a weird corkscrew shape. I wonder if the local Humming Birds can get any nectar out of it like this?


                  Thank You for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment