Thursday, April 11, 2013

Silver Chain Choker with an Anchor Clasp

Like most of my creations, I'm not exactly sure where the inspiration for this necklace came from. The idea for something seems to show up in my head. But I think this one came from the fact that I'm not a big fan of clasps.

The chain is part of Michael's Bead Landing: Legends line, which apparently means it is classified as seasonal and more cannot be ordered. Once I run out of chain (I have enough for two necklaces and two sets of chain earrings) that's it, I have to find a new chain with loops large enough for the anchor's 'hook' 'prong' 'blade' -whatever those things on the sides of an anchor that catch on to things is called- to fit though without falling out accidently.

Sometimes I like to wear this necklace with my chain earrings for a real nautical/ rocker look. And sometimes my skull and crossbones spike ear cuff, if I feel like a really punk look. But I'm a fan of mixing masculine and feminine looks (This last Easter I pared the afore mentioned ear cuff with Easter Egg earrings.) so I often mix my anchor choker with Starfish earrings or my Rain drop earrings. You know, something elegant.   

It costs $13. Here is the link to the ad. https://www.etsy.com/listing/114053179/silver-chain-choker-with-an-anchor-clasp

    Thank you for reading Bats Bizarre's official blog. Have a bat-tastic day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment